The liberalization in the Turkish telecommunication market started at the beginning of 2000 by the enactment of the Law No: 4502 which has amended the Law No: 406. Thus, the monopoly of Turk Telekom A.S has been theoretically removed as of January 2000. As a result of the market liberalization, many players started to operate in this field by obtaining licenses from the Telecommunication Authority as established by the Law No: 4502. Our involvement in this sector started, even before the commencement of the liberalization process, in 1999.
We are proud of what we have achieved so far in this field as our contribution to the sector and its liberalization process is indeed very well known. Hikmet Kasaroğlu, the senior managing partner of the Office is one of the founders and first board members of TELKODER (Turkish Competitive Telecommunication Operators Association) which has made significant contributions to the liberalization process since the date of its establishment.
Because of our considerable experience in this field, clients often rely on our regulatory expertise in devising their business plans and always require our guidance in regulatory approval procedures based on our extensive transactional experience
The Office provides legal advice and assistance at all stages of business transactions for telecommunication projects including:
- analyzing and reviewing telecommunication legislation,
- advice on the regulatory regime (telecommunications, radio and TV broadcast),
- telecommunications and broadcasting licensing, including participation in bids and/or auctions,
- complex legal due diligence in connection with mergers and acquisitions of companies from the telecommunications sector and
- structuring of acquisition.